Who doesn't love chips? They are my weakness. I can pass on the cookies and candy, but I have a rough time passing up all things potato! I wanted to find a way that I could enjoy chips without the guilt of cheating my meal plan! So, here you go! 21 Day Fix Approved CLEAN sweet potato chips! They aren’t as crunchy as fried potato chips or fries, but they satisfy the craving! These are so simple. Perfect for a snack during the day or a side to go with your dinner.
- 1/2 cup of sliced sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Garlic sea salt (or garlic powder and sea salt)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the sweet potato and chop it in thin slices.
- Toss the slices in a bowl with olive oil
- Sprinkle with garlic salt to your desire.
- Lay each slice on a baking sheet with lined with foil (I lightly sprayed mine with non-stick cooking spray).
- Cook for 15 minutes and then flip.
- If any slices are starting to burn, remove those specific ones from the oven.
- Continue cooking in increments of 4 minutes, removing browned ones each time until all of them are fully cooked. Mine usually take a total of 30 minutes to get all of them cooked perfectly.
- If you had to remove a lot of them from the oven, put them all back on the baking sheet and turn off the oven. Leave them in the oven for 2 minutes to warm them all up!
If you are following Shift Shop or Portion Fix, these count as 1 yellow and 1 tsp.