Whenever I think of summertime recipes, I think of grilling. I love to fire up our grill in the summer! Since we are getting closer and closer to summertime, I have been looking for a perfect kabob recipe for the grill. This recipe blew my husband and I away. It was so good! It was sweet - but with a kick! One bite into these kabobs and we looked at each other and knew this recipe would be one of our new go to meals! These can be made gluten free, they are low carb and they are low calorie too! This recipe makes seven kabobs and each kabob is 106 calories. Hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
- 1 red pepper, one inch pieces
- 1 orange pepper, one inch pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, one inch pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp of ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 large red onion, one inch pieces
- 2-3 tsp sriracha
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped in one inch pieces
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 7 wooden skewers (soak in warm water for 30 minutes)
- Thread the chicken, peppers and onion on the wooden skewers and set aside.
- Combine garlic, soy sauce or tamari, ginger, honey, sriracha and sesame oil in a small sauce pan.
- Place sauce pan over medium high heat and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and let the sauce continue to bubble, stir often.
- Remove from heat once sauce becomes thick like syrup. I cooked mine for about 6-8 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to about 400 degrees.
- Cook kabobs for about 3 minutes per side and then remove from the grill. These cook pretty quick since the chicken pieces are small.
- Brush each kabob with the sauce.