- 1 red and orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb 99% fat free ground turkey
- 1/4 cup Southwest Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (or 6 blue containers)
- 1 cup of fat free refried beans (or 2 red containers)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and add peppers and onions and cook until tender. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Brown your ground turkey in the skillet until almost done. Add cooked onions and peppers to meat mixture, along with southwest seasoning and 1/4 cup of water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spray the bottom of a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom of the pan with 6 tortillas. Spread with one red container of the refried beans. Spread 1/2 of the meat and vegetable mixture over the tortillas and beans.
- Layer the remaining 6 tortillas on top of the meat mixture. Repeat spreading the refried beans and remaining meat and vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is hot and bubbly.
Makes 6 Servings
Per Serving: 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1 Blue
Adapted from: Rx For Healthy Living